GI Issue USMC Ontario Knife M7 Bayonet System (Tan)
M7 Authentic USGI Fighting Knives with Scabbard
- Expect these to be used by USGI condition with minor scratches or desert sand
- Government Spec Quality
- Blade Length: 6.7″
- Overall Length: 13.25″
- Edge Type Combo
- Blade Thickness: 0.19″
- Blade Material: 1080 Carbon Steel
- Blade Hardness: 53-58 HRC
- Blade Style: Spear Point with Sharpened Top Edge
- Blade Grind: Flat Bevel with Swedge
- Blade Finish: Black – Zinc Phosphate
- Handle Thickness: 1.25″
- Handle Material: Dynaflex provides a superior grip in all conditions and is designed to reduce hand fatigue
- Handle Color: Tan
- Sheath Material: Hytrel®
- Manufactured with a low noise signature Polyester Elastomer
Elastomer is a big fancy word, and all it means is “rubber”.
- Sheath Type: MOLLE Compatible
- Fitted internal stainless steel spring friction to secure bayonet
- Sheath Color: Tan
- Weight: 14 oz.
- Included with the USMC Bayonet is a scabbard with a Ceramic Coated Sharpening Rod located on the back.
- Made in: USA
Ontario Knife Co. M7 Bayonet Knife
Adopted in 2002 as the OKC-3S Multipurpose Bayonet/Knife System, it remains the current-issue U.S. Marine Corps bayonet. Designed and manufactured by the Ontario Knife Co. of Franklinville, New York. Production began in 2003.
The OKC-3S has a longer, heavier, more pointed blade than the Army’s M9 bayonet. The blade is designed to penetrate body armor, which is increasingly encountered in Iraq and Afghanistan. The blade profile is reminiscent of the U.S.M.C.’s beloved KA-BAR knife. Both the true edge and long false edge are very sharp. The true edge has deep serrations near the ricasso, for cutting rope and heavy materials.
The scabbard has a ceramic honing rod on the reverse. The integral web frog measures 14.00 in. (356 mm.) long by 1.375 in. (35 mm.) wide. It is designed for use with the MOLLE/PALS load-bearing systems used by the USA and many NATO countries. MOLLE = Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment. PALS = Pouch Attachment Ladder System.
US Government Paid $210.95